Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beautiful Montana

I realize I have been an absolutely horrible blogger, and I intend to repent. Here is the beginning of that effort… So, in November, Curtis’ parents are leaving on a two year mission to El Salvador, San Salvador to supervise the building of a temple over there. Since we aren’t sure when we were going to be able to go back, we went out to visit the last week of July and stayed for just over a week. We always have so much fun there, and this trip was no exception. We did a lot of kayaking, some bike riding, sight-seeing, and of course, lots and lots of Huckleberry Ice cream eating. Here are just a few highlights to our week long trip.






All of the above pictures are of the little town Curtis grew up in called Bigfork. If you blink you'll miss it while driving through. It's so beautiful and fun. The metal bridge pictured above is a favorite. Curtis and his best friend Fletcher, used to jump off that bridge for fun...and not only just the part where you walk by...they would climb to the very very top of the metal bridge and jump. My husband is so cool! :) Below is a picture of the beloved Huckleberry ice cream. One of my very favorite parts of visiting. Fortunately this trip, we froze six gallons of it and brought it home. Wahoo!
On our way home from staying with Curtis' family, we took a slight detour to go sapphire mining. Curtis went when he was younger, but I never have, and it sounded like so much fun. So, for about 3 hours, we went and mined our own blue sapphires. We ended up leaving with about 66 total carats of sapphires, but only 7 of those carats were big enough to be cut. The experience was awesome, and I would recommend it to anyone traveling up that way.