Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Last Few Months...

Since we haven't had a lot of time (or desire, lets be honest) the last few months to update this, I decided to include all the big things that have been going on since the last time I posted. It's a long entry, and I'm sorry. It's mostly for my benefit so I don't forget stuff as pregnancy tends to make me forgetful and slightly dumb. :) So, here is what we have been doing in a nutshell since February.

- May 5th we went and had our 20 week ultrasound to find out the gender of our baby and to make sure everything ok and developing normally. We were excited and VERY surprised to find out that we are having a little girl. Curtis and I both asked the ultrasound technician lady to check again just to make sure since we were both pretty convinced that we were having a boy. We also had a name picked out for a boy, and were absolutely positive that we were right. However, we are having a girl, and we are ecstatic! We are struggling with agreeing on names, and when we do agree on one, the next day one or both of us don't really like it anymore. But we have a little ways to go before we actually need to have one set in stone, so it will work out eventually...we hope. We also went and purchased the baby furniture for her room, which was a lot of fun and got me really excited for her arrival.

- We posted earlier that we were the proud owners of a new home (new as in built in 1940 and most recently occupied by homeless people and meth users). We finally got the house decontaminated and started construction on it. Curtis spends 90% of his time that he's not working at his job at the house getting it fixed up and ready for us to move in and rent out the basement. However, the project is a LOT bigger than we thought, there have been many more obstacles than we had planned for (which will be discussed in a later post), and so it is taking quite a bit longer than we expected it to. Since I can't do much on the fix up a
t this point, I mostly spend my time running back and forth to home depot and brining the men food like a good little wife. We are both anxious to get this project finished so we can have a life again and see each other once in a while. There will be pictures and updates on the house and its progress later. I don't know about anyone else, but I love before and after pictures (I get that from my mom, I believe), so we have taken a lot of them along the way and will post those as soon as it is finished.

- I finished my last semester of school until after the baby comes. I am really excited to be out of school for a few months and do some things that I actually enjoy before I don't have a lot of time to myself. But I have also found I don't get as much done when I'm not in school or working.

- My baby brother Jesse received his mission call for the LDS church to serve in the Birgmingham Alabama mission. He reports to the MTC July 1st, and we are so excited for him. My dad grew up in the south and always jokes with my brother that the southern people don't really speak English, so he'll be learning a new language entirely. :) I'm sure while it will be extremely challenging for him because of the dominant Baptist faith, it will also be a great experience as well.

- My cute sister-in-law Carmen (Curtis' baby sister) moved in with us for the summer. It has been fun having her around and spending time together. She is definitely the ideal roommate/house guest as she always does the work around the house that I hate. :)

- We spent an awesome Memorial day with my family at my sisters beautiful home in Mapleton and had a large BBQ that was so much fun. We played games, talked, at tons of food, played with my nieces and nephew, and just had a blast overall. Unfortunately, the fun had to end early for us so we could continue work on the above mentioned home as we are on a bit of a time crunch.

- This weekend Curtis' older brother James is getting married in the Manti temple. His parents flew in last night from their mission in El Salvador for the wedding, and we are excited to begin the festivities and celebrations that will be going on most of this weekend. We are extremely excited for James and Whitney, and hope that it is a memorable weekend for them.

- And lastly, Curtis is still serving in the bishopric for the BYU 191st ward. It has been a year this week that he was called to serve as the 1st councelor, and we are waiting to see if that call will be extended for a few more months. It has been a lot of fun attending that ward, as everyone is our same age, and has been a great opportunity for Curtis to work with such an amazing bishop.
The next few months are going to be busy with lots of traveling both to Montana and Arizona, family time and reunions, continuing to fix the house and eventually moving in, getting ready for the baby to come, and so much more. I'm sure I will have a bunch of pictures to post by next time I do an entry, since it only happens every couple of months. But for now, here are a few pictures from the last few months (and by a few I mean 15).


My mom had an easter egg hunt at her house for my nieces and nephew living in Utah. It was kind of a nightmare getting all the kids to look at the camera...
A portion of my family the day my little brother went through the temple.


This is me at 16 weeks pregnant. I am now 25 weeks... so I'll get a more recent one soon.


This was at our niece Kamryn's 1st birthday party. There was so much to do for the kids and it was so much fun.






Memorial Day BBQ at my sisters house.