Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Defeat...

Some of our family and friends (mostly mine – I’m pretty sure Curtis’ could care less about this kind of stuff), over the last year or so have persuasively encouraged us to go with the new trends and start a “blog”. I have always been very against the idea, as most of you know, for several reasons:

1) We do not enjoy people knowing every detail of our lives, as we tend to keep to ourselves.
2) We do not have anything exciting to tell about that we couldn’t share with just a quick phone call.
3) We don’t have kids yet to show cute pictures of and brag about.
4) And we both pretty much live very mundane lives.

However, I have nothing against those who are avid bloggers – I just don’t feel like it’s for us… until now, I guess.

A friend of mine was asking me today when I was going to start “blogging”, and jokingly hinted that I was falling behind on the times. As I was thinking about what she had said, I realized it wasn’t a bad idea. I think what finally made my decision to start is that my family is getting ready to move to Israel for the second time in a couple of weeks. As most of you are already aware, they will be gone for a while. I thought it might not be a bad idea to “blog” so they can keep up on what we are doing without having to call everyday. So, to all of you maniac bloggers who have encouraged this (Kristine, Maryruth, Emma, and anyone else), I have three words for you. Thanks a lot!